Thursday, June 4, 2009

WAHOO passed Exam 70–431 today

Man I hadn’t taken a Prometric exam in a long time and today was quite different from what I remember. I used to hit Prometric a lot when I was getting my Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) exams under my belt. Not sure why I went ahead and took this one. I was bored and before I decided to start the UCSD SE program I kind of decided I would at least take this one exam. I was very happy to see that Microsoft has made use of simulations and actually allow you to show that you can do something instead of just choosing a multiple choice answer. I’m happy to have it under my belt not sure if I will continue on with any other test, especially with SQL Server 2005 on its way out shortly. What does everyone think about certifications? I have been surprised as a professional how little of value they are. Even upper management that I have been around doesn’t care much for them.

No comments: